Friday, June 21, 2013

Dating.

     Why does it always seem like my friends are finding love, while I am constantly living vicariously through The Bachelorette? It is because they are! One friend goes through boyfriends like crazy, until she finds a good one. Another friend dates the same guy constantly. Me? I date my country music until I find my prince charming. Which may end up being the old man staring at me in the dining hall of the senior living home when I am seventy.
     I have realized that I actually don't mind being single though. I want to wait for the guy who will treat me like my daddy wants him to treat me. The few men I did date did far from that, and I am tired of men with hidden agendas trying to date me, and I know the man God created for me will find me one day ( I do hope it is soon), and I know he won't be anything like my past boyfriends.
    Now, here is my advice to you girls (or guys) who find it hard to wait. Here is what the Bible says about it,"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends" (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). I believe love is the most wonderful thing we humans can find, and I am not talking about the fake love that Johnny tells you  he feels just to get you in bed. True love. Would you rather have your heart broken by someone who you absolutely know is not right for you because you could not wait for the right one? Now, of course, there is always the person that you think is right and may not be; people are thrown into your life for certain reasons unknown. One think we may be certain of, God's timing is always perfect, so your time will come to find out what the love described in 1st Corinthians is, until then, guard your heart! 
    For those who have no desire to find love yet, have fun! Don't do anything you may regret later, but enjoy life and dating! Life is full of opportunities for fun and laughter, don't deny that!

No comments:

Post a Comment