Friday, June 21, 2013

Pick Me Up Music!

    Everyone has those days when it feels like you are going in slow motion and getting hit by every bad thing possible that day, and many times, there is not a whole lot that you can do to cheer yourself up. I have the remedy for you: music. Music speaks to parts of the body and brain that we don't understand.
Here is a man who has a form of Dementia. He had not talked or really responded to much until now...


How beautiful is that? If music can lift a man in the middle of darkness into light, music can help you out of your funk!

Here are a few songs that I find are able to help me out of my bad days:

"The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra or Michael Buble
"It's a Beautiful Day" by Michael Buble
"Mmm Bop" by Hansen 
"ABC" by the Jackson 5
"I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes
"Love Makes Me" by Hunter Hayes
"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World
"I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5
"Absolutely" by Nine Days
"Barefoot Blue Jean Night" by Jake Owen
"Beyond the Sea" by Bobby Darin
"Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by the Andrews Sisters
"Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band
" Defying Gravity" from Wicked
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey 
"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz

Those are just a few! But, Hey! If you have more let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment