Friday, June 14, 2013

Necessities vs Pure Want

    I have been having the biggest pain trying to gather necessities for my first condo. I cannot help but think I am forgetting things. I rack my brain:
Bed frame...Check
Pots and pans...Check
Couches...Check
Coffee table...Check
Lamps...Check
Dresser...Check
TV/DVD player...Check
Mattress...................
     I cannot seem to find a mattress on the budget of the poor college student. I have to get a used mattress...off of Craigslist. And before you think I am insane, yes I do think it is disgusting, but I will bleach the whole thing if I have to. Of course, there is the option of using an air mattress as my permanent bed, but who knows who that would work out with earrings and puppy claws.
     Aside from the obvious necessities, I have found a few things that I don't need too. Things like, well, a TV. I know I put it under necessities, and for good reason too! Who likes to have the only thing readily available to listen to as your own thoughts? Not me. I would love to have so cheesy, catty, drama- filled gossip television show to watch whenever life has got me down. Bad hair day? No problem, at least I am not living in a house full of girls prettier than me who trash the house while wanting to rip my head off  ( Yes, America's Next Top Model is my secret addiction). Now, I have my television shows, but I have to have my movies! What are the lonely nights without Chad Michael Murray and Chris Pine? I mean I may be single but all those girls in my romance movies aren't, and I, Miss Single, have to live vicariously through them until I become Miss Taken...( I wonder if whomever came up with those word meant them to look like mistaken...)
    I am not experienced in living away from home, other than my dorm, so I know I am forgetting wants and needs...more to come once I realize them!


No comments:

Post a Comment